Thursday, September 26, 2013

Vintage Labels




Today I purchased these awesome vintage labels from an Etsy shop. They're a combination of cigar labels and soda labels from the 1950's. I'm planning on making a batch of candles from recycled beer and wine bottles that I cut last week and thought these would be beautiful additions. I'll be gluing them onto the recycled bottles for a vintage flair.



When I took no prisoners embarked on my DIY rampage I thought I'd try my hand at candles. My first batch was incredibly anti climatic. My little pathetic flame just kind of withered and died without melting much of anything. Turns out you need different types of wax for different types of candles. So nice of my DIY Candle kit to mention that to me...

 It took a little bit of digging to figure out what the heck I should order so let me make it simple for you. I ordered 5 pounds of soy wax from Amazon that came highly rated and is perfect for container candles. Also, check out the table below for helpful candle/wax tips!


Good luck in your craft adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment