Thursday, September 19, 2013

True Life: I'm a Bottle Hoarder


I knew I had reached a low when I caught my boyfriend trying to take a picture of me in my cute Friday night dress reaching into the recycling at Bottle Craft trying to fish out empty beer bottles...but you would do it too if you were making TRENDY tumblers, glasses, candles, and hurricanes out of beer bottles.

I've come to realize over the years that I have this tendency to overdo craft projects. One day I'm painting picture frames for my dorm room, 6 months later I'm applying for a seed capital loan to buy wholesale frames at Juniata. So it's really no surprise that every horizontal space in our apartment is occupied with beer bottles in various forms. I blame my friends and family for feeding my habits! YES, YOU READING THIS! It's probably YOUR FAULT! See just yesterday I got a Facebook comment from someone saying they had saved me a bunch of empties, including this 18 inch tequila bottle that wasn't yet entirely empty..so you know what that means.


Let's cut to the chase. Bottle cutting is a fantastic way to recycle or immortalize trendy bottles that you would otherwise just get rid of. The thought of bottles having a second life is appealing to me.

Get excited, tutorials to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment